Wednesday 15 June 2011

"My Trousseau began to arrive today..."

...wrote LM Montgomery in her journal (Volume II: 1910-1921 Edited by Mary Rubio and Elizabeth Waterston 1985, ISBN 0-19-541801-8 pages 64-66) on Tuesday, May 23, 1911.
"...and we were all interested in that.  My things were pretty. I had worn black for grandmother all spring but I laid it aside when I got married.  My wedding dress was of white-silk crepe  de soie with tunic of chiffon and pearl bead trimming - and of course the tulle veil and orange blossom wreath.  These are snaps the girls took of some of my dresses.  My suit was of steel gray cloth, with gray chiffon blouse and gray hat trimmed with a wreath of tiny rosebuds.  My long wrap was of gray broadcloth.  Besides the dresses 'illustrated ' I had a linen dress, a pink muslin, one of white embroidery, and several odd waists."

No comments:

Post a Comment